CARTER COUNTRY Unknown title (TV episode)
- ?/?/1977-79? Various days, times. 1/2 hour.
- ABC. Situation comedy.
- Code: CAR ?/1977?
- The adventures of a lovable red-neck police chief and his smart big-city black deputy in small-town Georgia.
- Victor French as Chief Roy Mobey
- Kene Holliday as Sgt. Curtis Baker
- Richard Paul as Mayor Teddy Burnside
- Melanie Griffith as Tracy Quinn (1978-1979 only)
- Jonathan Banks as Bob, a radio engineer.
- Bob is a good ol boy. Hes thrilled by "Moon River." His scene is clearly the set up for some comic contretemps with the use of the cough button.
- Only JBs scene has been viewed, and further identification of this episode is not yet possible.
(Mayor asks what a cough button is) "Well, in case you have to cough, or something happens in the office you dont want the audience to hear, you just push this button. It cuts you off the air and plays music as long as you hold it down."
(Whats it play?) "Moon River, by Andy Williams." (And he loves it.)
- 36 seconds, in 1 scene.