BIG JOHN, LITTLE JOHN Unknown title (TV episode)
- 9/?/1976. Saturday, 10 am. 1/2 hour.
- NBC. Season 1 of 2. ? of 13 episodes.
- Children's fantasy/comedy.
- Code: BJLJ 9/1976
- While vacationing in Florida, John Martin, a junior high science teacher, and his family visit the Ponce de Leon National Park. John finds and drinks from a small spring, unaware it is the Fountain of Youth. Weeks later, the effects start to show up as Big John reverts unpredictably to 12-year-old Little John, and vice versa. Stories depict his struggles to cope with the changes and to find an antidote.
- Written and produced: Sherwood Schwartz (of Gilligan's Island and Invisible Woman.)
- Herb Edelman as Big John Martin
- Robbie Rist as Little John Martin
- Joyce Bulifant as Marjorie Martin
- Mike Darnell as Ricky Martin
- Olive Dubar as Bertha Bottomly
- Cari Anne Warder as Valerie
- Christoff St. John as Homer
- Stephen Cassidy as Stanley
- Jonathan Banks as a policeman.
Information on this role from Jonathan Banks in an interview in 1994 (MG94.) No further information available.
Jonathan Banks describes asking if he could slap the kid's face --demonstrated business of pinching a boy's cheek -- "Such a kid!" -- then turning it into a light slap, showing the policeman's annoyance with the boy, and said it caused some fuss. "The producers didn't like it. They weren't ready for that on Saturday morning." (MG94)