BARNABY JONES "Duet for Dying" (TV episode)
- 2/17/1977. Thursday, 10 pm. 1 hour.
- CBS. Season 5 of 8. Episode 100.
- Detective drama.
- Code: BJDD 2/1977
- Pearl and Ruby Connors, two amateur country and western singers known as The Starshine Sisters, steal and murder to finance a demo recording.
- Writer: Gerald Sanford.
- Director: Leo Penn.
- Buddy Ebsen as Barnaby Jones
- Lee Meriwether as Betty Jones
- Mark Shera as J.R. Jones
- Mary Ann Chinn
- Cassie Yates
- Chris Robinson
- Jonathan R. Banks as car salesman, listed 11th of 12.
- Hes a car salesman at Royal Motors who provides Barnaby with information about the cash car purchase made by the sisters. He uses the salesman's technique of overuse of customer's name, and is polite, helpful, and smiles a lot. He appreciated the sisters' good looks, and the cash. Hes confused by J.R.s crack about the sisters being "real killers."
- "Ah, with something you don't see too much of anymore, Mr. Jones. Cold hard cash -- $4600 worth."
- 40 seconds, in 1 scene about 3/4 through episode.
- Buddy Ebsen (BJDH 1976)
- Lee Meriwether (BJDH 1976)
- Mary Ann Chinn (LNM 2/1974)